Many people find ClickDo as they search for “make money online UK” and we rank at top 3 on Google. More and more people ask us how to start a blog and earn online? And is blogging is the best way for them and how to start a blog and earn money online working from home?
So, in this guide, I want to show you how anyone can start a blog (that’s how I did with my first ever blog fernandobiz.com/blog/) and earn my first dollar online. It was in £s and I got my first payment from Google AdSense for a £67 and I was so damn happy. Since then I built hundreds of blogs and helped thousands of people start blogs that help them earn online.
How to start a blog and earn online blogging from home?
In this guide, I will not show you how to start a blog, you can learn here how to start a blog, and get your blog online.
The secret to earning from blogging is to get traffic, for that you must do the on page SEO for your blog. Watch the video below:
Recently I published the Top 10 ways I earn online working from home in the UK and I covered how blogging helped me. And the guide I wrote on how to earn $1000 per month online from your PBN (Private Blog Network)? Will blow your mind and make you jump start with your first blog, and the second and third and make you unstoppable. There comes a point in time when you’re looking for something to do that will make you some extra cash. There are quite a number of ventures you can undertake to make some cash on the side and one of the most popular ways to do so is through blogging.
Blogging is basically writing about a particular topic and publishing it online for users and the public to read more on. There are over 150 million blogs to date and the reason is probably that anyone can start a blog. Another advantage of blogging is that there are quite a number of tools available at no cost or at an affordable rate for you to start off, zero capital required. All you need is your laptop and fast internet connection and you’re well on your way to be able to start a blog. What about the writing part? Does this mean you have to be an expert writer to start a blog? Not exactly, all anyone needs to get started is a passion for writing and knowledge about the topic you’re writing about. Free editing tools can help you get your writing user ready and error free.
Some advantages of blogging include;
- You get to make money writing about what you’re passionate about. What are your interests or hobbies? What drives you and makes you excited? This is a good place to start writing. By putting thought to the paper you’ll discover what drives you and your passion will guide you to discover your unique tone and find your writing ‘voice’.
- You get to manage your hours and when you write. Brilliant right? You can write when you have some spare time, on your lunch break or when a brilliant idea comes to mind. You can write anywhere and at any time, which is great. You have little restrictions when it comes to blogging, you write when you want to write, how you’d like to write, giving you full autonomy over your blog.
- You can make money from home. Whatever your interests are, you are sure to attract the attention of someone who loves what you do and this means that through your blog, you can make extra cash doing what you love to do.
- You have full control over what you write. You choose all the content in your blog. A high number of bloggers became famous and have established their careers as highly influential bloggers. They started out small and grew over time. This means that anyone with the will and drive to blog and keep at it can succeed. You can choose to blog as a hobby, or you can look at it as a chance to make it bigger and more lucrative. In the end, you never know, it could end up bringing some amazing opportunities and offers your way if you keep at it.
- It gives you a voice. It’s really difficult getting into mainstream media like TV or radio and luckily, these days, the internet is the way to go. So many people have become famous due to their blogs or videos going viral. Blogs allow you to air your views in your own way and in your own time. Just the same way YouTube gives people a chance to share their videos with the world, blogging gives you an opportunity to write and share your thoughts and views with the world.
- More people are online now more than ever before. This means there is an audience for whatever you have to say and write. The more you write, the more people interact with your blog and that’s how your popularity grows.
With these in place, here are a few tips on how to start a blog and start earning money online blogging from the comfort of your home;
Choosing your blog name
The first step is choosing your blog name. This might seem daunting but the key to choosing a unique name comes from knowing what interests you and what areas you would like to blog about. Here are a few tips to guide you in choosing a great blog name;
- What are your hobbies? Do you like traveling, cooking, fashion, cars, pets, anime? Whatever your hobbies, you can choose the things you are most passionate about and come up with a name that reflects who you are and what your interests are. Even if you are interested in something obscure, be confident that there are people out there who might love what you like. In a planet of billions of people, you’re sure to find a community of like-minded folk!
- Another area of interest is sharing your life experiences. Everyone has a unique story and how you view the world is different and unlike anyone else’s! This is a great angle with which to share your life experiences in a unique voice. Be sure to think about what stories and experiences you would like to share. You’ll be sure to find a couple of amazing stories to share with the world.
Whatever name you choose, let it be a representative of what you like and what you value, this is the name you’d want the world to know you by so whether its fun, flirty, mysterious, made up or completely random, it’s your choice to choose whatever name resonates with you.
Be sure to have a few options and do some research to ensure no one else has that name.
Once you have your name in place, the next step is to go online and register your blog. There are two things to consider, one is blog hosting which basically means the platform that hosts your blog and blogging software which ideally, the blogging host offers. This means once you log into a blogging host, you’ll need to know how the platform works and know the basics of how to run your blog, change themes, edit and publish your blog among other tasks which aren‘t difficult to learn and just need some getting used to.
Find a web hosting that works for you, you can easily find reviews for blogging hosts and try a few out before choosing which one works for you in the long run. Look for a site that is well known, easy to use and you can customize to suit your needs.
3. Customizing your blog
When signing in, be sure to use a username and password that are secure so that only you have access to it. Once you sign in, one of the first and most important steps would be choosing a theme that will determine how you would like the blog to appear to the world. With just a few clicks you can determine the layout of your home page and you can choose what works best for you.
Some sites use themes with different layouts for you to choose from. You can pick from a variety of designs, from flowery to new age to clean and minimalist themes. Whatever you choose, let it reflect your individual taste and style. The perks of most blog hosts are if you need to change it, it only takes a few clicks to change the whole look entirely.
Writing your blog and publishing it
Blog hosts have editing features which allow you to edit your blog. They have other features too that let you spruce up your blog as you see fit. You can open a new blog and save it as a draft if you need to and when you’re done, you can preview it first before publishing it. Publishing is just a fancy term for posting your blog online. Once you publish your blog, this means anyone online can read whatever you wrote. This doesn’t mean you can’t make any changes though; you can still edit or delete the blog if you so wish, control of your blog is in your hands.
Market your blog
Now that you’ve got your blog up and running, you need to let people know about it. Thousands of blogs go live every day, so how do you ensure people get to know about your blog?
The first and best option is to use the resources at hand, your social media pages. You can share a link to the blog with your friends and followers. Interact with them, ask them what they like, what they would like to read and ask them to drop a comment on your blog.
Your followers will be your first fanbase and can help you spread the word. If they like your blog, they will end up liking it or sharing with their friends and contacts and soon, you’ll go viral. The added traffic to your blog also helps you establish yourself as a serious blogger, the more you write, so does your reach grows and expand.
How to make money off your blog
Once you have created content for your blog and marketed it, there are ways you can use to make money from your blog. Here are some of the main ways you can make money from blogging;
- Selling products or services directly – you can offer products and services on your blog where people can make online purchases and pay directly into your account.
- By selling advertising space – advertisers are always looking for ‘the next big thing’ where they can advertise their products or services. The more traffic your blog attracts, the more attractive your blog is. This means you will have a number of people reaching out to you, requesting space to advertise. One way to go about this is to use Google AdSense. How it works is to place the Google AdSense code on your blog to be able to run ads. The advantage of this is that you won’t have to manage the advertisers that request for ad space, Google AdSense takes care of all that hassle and cuts you a cheque and you can focus on creating more content.
Getting sponsorship works really well especially if there is a brand or product you love and keep talking about on your blog. However, if you’re in a niche market, then sometimes sponsors reach out to prospective bloggers and pay them a fee to talk about their products or services. This means promoting the brand on your blog for a period of time under specific terms. This could be lucrative for you and can work well especially from a business perspective and once your done pushing the brand, you can always go back to doing what you love and do best.
It’s important though to make sure the terms are agreeable to both you and the sponsors and partners for future business and a great working relationship.
More often than not, bloggers review certain products or services by choice or by chance. However, some brands or partners want to create a buzz by sharing certain products or services with influential bloggers to talk about the product. This is a great way for companies to market their brand and get a high number of people talking about the product at once.
If you’re approached by sponsors to market their brand, then you’re definitely attracting the right kind of attention and you are making a name for yourself online.
Manage your brand
Once you become popular with thousands of hits per day and with millions of followers, it’s important for you to manage your brand. You can now be selective about which brands to work with and which partners, advertisers and sponsors to be affiliated with. It’s even more important to protect your work and your brand and this might mean running your blog independently and having a team helping manage your online image and brand.
Do what you love
Never lose sight of what you love and what you’re passionate about. In the end, if it all, remember why you started blogging in the first place, and keep doing it for the joy of blogging.
So we hope you got some knowledge and start a blog and get online to earn money online. You can join the blogging course online and or learn to blog as I explained. Internet Home Business is one of the leading digital marketing websites right here and it’s our job is to make sure your brand grows, and we are experts when it comes to ensuring your online presence is amplified. Reach us today for all your digital marketing needs.